As Cinco De Mayo gets closer, all I am craving is avocados and chicken tacos. I was scouring google trying to find just a simple quick taco recipe with no luck, it seems like everything was a fancy version. I then turned to the trusty Better Homes and Garden’s website and eureka! If you are like me and appreciate the quick and easy than here is a recipe for you.
Party Idea: When having a group of friends over, do a make your own taco dinner. It’s an easy way to make sure even the pickiest of eaters can get exactly what they want. Also a plus for the host is everything can be prepared ahead of time.
Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 14 ounce can diced green chile peppers, drained
- 12 taco shells
- 2cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese and/or Monterey Jack cheese (2 ounces)
3.Divide chicken mixture among taco shells. Top with lettuce, tomato, and cheese. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6, Calories 269, Protein (gm) 19, Carbohydrate (gm) 23, Fat, total (gm) 12, Cholesterol (mg) 48, Saturated fat (gm) 3, Dietary Fiber, total (gm) 4, Vitamin A (IU) 1118, Vitamin C (mg) 20, Sodium (mg) 525, Calcium (DV %) 141, Iron (DV %) 2 Vegetables () 1, Starch () 1, Very Lean Meat () 2, Fat () 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
If you’re into the fancy taco recipes check some of these out:
- Tequila-Glazed Fish Tacos with Fresh Avocado Salsa Recipe (avocadocentral.com)
- Chicken Tinga Tacos with Avocado Chile Crema and Chipotle Lime Slaw (accordingtorachel.com)
- Molcajete Salsa Guacamole Recipe (avocadocentral.com)
- A Makeover for Taco Night (johannaelsemore.com)