It’s starting to get hot out there! A tasty way to cool down and feel refreshed is by whipping up some easy sangria recipes. Here are some reasons why I love this beverage so much.
1. It’s so versatile, there are many different recipes you will never get bored with this drink.
2. It’s not too strong which makes it perfect for summer parties since your guest will be drinking more because of the heat.
3. It’s just so colorful and creative you can add really add whatever fruit you want to this drink and it will still taste awesome!!!
Slightly adapted from Red and White Sangria by Aaron McCargo Jr. on Food Network
Prep Time: 15 minutes Chill time: 2 hours Level: Easy Serves: 4-6
- 1 bottle good quality fruity white wine, like pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 1 medium peaches, washed, pitted and sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- 1 cup bing cherries, pitted and halved
- fresh mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- simple syrup (see below; you’ll need water and sugar)
In a large pitcher, mix the white wine and orange liqueur. Add the peaches, strawberries, orange slices, grapes and cherries. Stir all to combine. Refrigerate 2 hours.
To make a simple syrup, boil about one and a half cups water and stir in enough sugar to sweeten to taste. Stir often and reduce down to about half, or until you have about a cup of syrup, 5-8 minutes. Cool completely.
Stir in the simple syrup prior to serving and sweeten to taste. Serve over ice and garnish with fresh mint if desired.
White Peach Sangria from Celebrations at Home
2 bottles pinot grigio
1 1/2 cups peach schnapps
2 cans peach nectar
1 cup frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup frozen sliced peaches
1 cup frozen raspberries
In a large pitcher, combine wine, peach schnapps, peach nectar, lemonade concentrate, and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add peaches and raspberries and chill for 2 hours. Serve chilled or over ice.
Pomegranate Sangria from Eat, Live, Run
1 bottle rosé or dry white wine
1 cup light rum
1 1/2 cups orange juice
1 cup pomegranate juice
2 cans ginger ale
orange slices, kiwi and pomegranate seeds for serving (optional but pretty)
Mix together all ingredients and chill in the refrigerator for about four hours so the flavors can settle. Serve over ice with sliced fruit.
- Sparkling white sangria (edibletimes.com)
- White Sangria Recipe (imperfecthouse.wordpress.com)
- White Sangria, White Wine Sangria & Sangria White Wine | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- White Sangría (karma-free-cooking.com)
- Patatas Bravas and Fruity Sangria (veggiezest.com)
- Peach Iced Tea Sangria for the big 2-8! (andtheycookedhappilyeverafter.wordpress.com)
- Bellini Sangria (kdvr.com)
- Drinking in Season: Sparkling Strawberry Sangria (drinks.seriouseats.com)